Pia Carusone, with her co-founder Rachel Gardner, opened Republic Restoratives Distillery in May 2016 – the only crowd-funded distillery in the country and the first women-owned distillery in D.C.
So how did Pia get to be the owner of a distillery in our nation’s capital? Hold onto something, because this story is full of emotion, determination, calculation, cheer, and inspiration.
Are you ready for an adventure?
Because I want to show you a side of the LA food scene that most people will never get to see! When you join me for a LA Food Adventure, we will visit 6 restaurants to fill your belly, taste some drinks, socialize with some incredibly cool people, and get behind-the-scenes access that others aren’t privy to.
You can learn more and reserve your spot at LAFoodAdventures.com.
We also discuss:
- The Carusone household
- Pia’s time on the Hill, including being Chief of Staff to former Rep. Gabby Giffords
- The challenges of opening a distillery in Washington, D.C.
- Crowd funding a distillery using Indiegogo
- Why they chose the name “Republic Restoratives Distillery”
- Changing laws in D.C.
- Aging whiskey in a puncheon cask
- Pia’s flagship vodka and its unique bottle
- Keeping price in mind when creating their products
- The history behind their newest product, Chapman’s Apple Brandy
- Learn more at republicrestoratives.com
- Connect with Republic Restoratives: Instagram | Facebook
- Want to increase sales & improve service in your restaurant? Get 20% off TouchBistro at touchbistro.com/justforkingaround
- Get 15% off your supplements by using discount code “JustForkingAround” at OraOrganic.com
Just Forking Around is produced by Podcast Masters