Raffaele Asquer and Roberto Croci jointly manage Foodiamo, which leads to an obvious question: What the fork is Foodiamo?
Foodiamo is the guide to Italian food created and written by Italians for all Italian food lovers – and a LA foodie’s dream come true! Really, you can think of Foodiamo as your local Italian friend who always knows the greatest places to eat and just can’t wait to tell you about it.
This episode is sponsored by Ora Organic, my favorite supplement company because they use only organic and sustainable ingredients in ALL of their supplements, the products forking work, and who doesn’t love sexy packaging, right? I am so excited for you all to experience Ora Organic for yourselves with a SWEET discount! Go ahead and please enjoy a 15% discount off your ENTIRE order, always! Not just one and then done! At Checkout use JustForkingAround for your code and happily receive your 15% discount, forking awesome! (I have been using and am obsessed with the Trust Your Gut Probiotic Powder and the Omega 3 Spray called Nothing Fishy Here. The Organic Greens Powder, Easy Being Green, is also a crowd pleaser). ENJOY!
Together with their correspondents, Raffaele and Roberto review restaurants, do taste tests, interview chefs, cover food & wine events…. and eat pasta. LOTS of pasta. Their readers know where to find the best pasta dishes, stay up-to-date on the top new Italian restaurants, meet talented chefs to learn their secrets, and even learn where Hollywood celebrities go eat their favorite tiramisu, or what kind of pasta they like to cook at home.
We also discuss:
- The varying climates & cuisines throughout Italy’s different regions
- How Raffaele & Roberto made their way from Italy to LA
- Our love of hospitality (and the incredible waiters we’ve had the pleasure of eating with!)
- Some of the best Italian dishes in LA
- Pizza & Pasta
- Where Hollywood intersects with Foodiamo
- Simple (and delicious) dishes
- A surprising fact: Italians like non-Italian food!
- The incredible food brought to the U.S. by “shithole countries”
- The future of Foodiamo
- Check out Foodiamo.com
- Foodiamo List – Find the best Italian food and events in LA
- Connect with Raffaele: LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram
- Connect with Roberto: Twitter | freelabestia.com
- Read: “FOODIAMO: An Innovative Guide to the Best Italian Food and Restaurants Recommended by Italians”
Galentine’s Day Event:
I’m very excited to share a Valentine’s Day alternative for all the San Diego single ladies out there – Galentine’s Day at Fireside by the Patio in Liberty Station! (Why shouldn’t you be able to celebrate love in the month of February with your girlfriends instead of just your sweetheart?)
On Tuesday, February 13th from 6-9PM, Fireside by the Patio is hosting the ultimate girls’ night out event including select hosted cocktails, bites, and pop-up shops for $30 a person. A few event highlights include:
- Signature Galentine’s Day cocktails
- Hors d’oeuvres crafted by Fireside by The Patio
- Pop-up shops from local brands including: The Surf Life, Luv Surf Apparel and Lotus and Luna
- Raffle prizes including a 2-night staycation with Luv Surf Vacation Homes
- Swag bag with a few treats from our favorite vendors
- And more!