Today we toast to all of the intrepid restaurateurs who are willing to work long hours and have a lifestyle like nobody else!
Although our guest, David Pisarra, doesn’t run a restaurant, he does have a unique lifestyle… and he wears a LOT of hats: he is a columnist, author, speaker, filmmaker, podcaster, mentor, dog lover, and father’s rights lawyer.
This episode is sponsored by Ora Organic, my favorite supplement company because they use only organic and sustainable ingredients in ALL of their supplements, the products forking work, and who doesn’t love sexy packaging, right? I am so excited for you all to experience Ora Organic for yourselves with a SWEET discount! Go ahead and please enjoy a 15% discount off your ENTIRE order, always! Not just one and then done! At Checkout use JustForkingAround for your code and happily receive your 15% discount, forking awesome! (I have been using and am obsessed with the Trust Your Gut Probiotic Powder and the Omega 3 Spray called Nothing Fishy Here. The Organic Greens Powder, Easy Being Green, is also a crowd pleaser). ENJOY!
I adore David’s column in the Santa Monica Daily Press. His articles are not always about food – it fluctuates between politics, local life, and an ongoing search for the most comfortable comfort food – but food is always important in these pieces because David sees it as the great equalizer. Everybody comes together over food.
We also discuss:
- David’s approach to writing about restaurants & food
- How loving dogs influences every other part of your life (like, say, writing a book that combines your family law practice with pet ownership issues during breakups and divorces)
- The Santa Monica vibe
- Why pie is better than cake
- The power of podcasting as a tool to educate & empower
- David’s upcoming project: Podcasting for Professionals
- How you can get more comfortable with public speaking (hint: join Toastmasters)
- Giving speeches about food – pie and chocolate, specifically
- Changing the conversation with The Good Men Project