Jenée Libby is the creator and host of The Edacious Podcast, a show for enthusiasts, chefs, producers, and purveyors, as well as anyone ravenous about food in their region. By fostering connection, she celebrates the bounty that exists not only in her hometown, but throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia and the rest of the country.
This episode is sponsored by Ora Organic, my favorite supplement company because they use only organic and sustainable ingredients in ALL of their supplements, the products forking work, and who doesn’t love sexy packaging, right? I am so excited for you all to experience Ora Organic for yourselves with a SWEET discount! Go ahead and please enjoy a 15% discount off your ENTIRE order, always! Not just one and then done! At Checkout use JustForkingAround for your code and happily receive your 15% discount, forking awesome! (I have been using and am obsessed with the Trust Your Gut Probiotic Powder and the Omega 3 Spray called Nothing Fishy Here. The Organic Greens Powder, Easy Being Green, is also a crowd pleaser). ENJOY!
Jenée is not a chef or a foodie. Just someone who loves to cook, eat, travel, and write – and talk about it all!
Jenée’s home of Charlottesville, Virginia is, like many other communities, hyperactive on social media when it comes to food. Too often, Jenée believes, this results in folks talking ABOUT rather than talking WITH one another.
Edacious attempts to bridge that gap, to create connection and strengthen community – To move the focus away from the pretty Instagrammed plate and toward the hardworking individuals doing the WORK OF FOOD in our restaurants, on our farms, in our stores, and around our conference tables.
We also discuss:
- Eating at her mother’s dinner table, who was “Martha Stewart before there was Martha Stewart”
- The self-acceptance it takes to cook without a recipe
- Why Jenée branded herself with the archaic word Edacious (which she now has trademarked!)
- The good and bad of the Charlottesville area (but mostly good)
- Jenée’s Golden Fork Awards
- Moderating the Women & Food panel at the Fire, Flour, and Fork festival, featuring Chef Joy Crump, Kerry Diamond, Chef Kristen Kish, and Chef Jessica Wilson
- Finding the perfect oyster
- Life-changing pho
Production & Development for Just Forking Around by Podcast Masters